Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm a bad blogger...

All of the sudden I have 4 blog followers, I guess a lot has changed since October! I would take the time to play catch up but seeing as I've not posted in 4 months that could be quite time consuming. As most of you know, we've moved again, this time just down the street. The move was due to very high radon levels in the house we were renting. The landlord refused to correct the problem even though the levels were beyond dangerous for our children. We got out of our lease, found a new place, packed and moved in 6 days. It was a whirlwind, and honestly, I can't believe we did it. We're now living in a smaller place, a duplex actually, but it's super cute and cozy and we have lots of storage in the basement. The best part is that it's radon free!! Talk about easy breathing!

In toddler news Avery and Ezra are 2! We had a BIG party and they had a blast opening presents and eating their race car cakes that Kyle and I made them. They have also started sleeping in their toddler beds. They took to that very quickly with no problems, thank goodness. And just 2 days ago we nixed the binkies. They were so attached to them that it was causing problems. We cut the tips off and told them they were broken and that was that. We went to Target and let them each pick out a stuffed animal to snuggle with at night and explained to them that they were big boys now and they didn't need binkies anymore. The first night was rough, mainly for Ezra, he cried, fell asleep and kept waking up whining. Avery on the other hand never looked back. Today their moods were so much more stable, and they didn't ask for binkies once. They went to bed tonight and fell right to sleep! YAY! I have dreaded and postponed these obstacles for months out of fear for how hard it would be and yet the boys always prove to be resilient. I don't know why I'm surprised.

Trevie is losing his baby skin a little more everyday. He cut both of his bottom teeth last week and just yesterday he started crawling forward. Avery and Ezra have had to start hiding their toys cause now that Trev is mobile their getting a taste of their own medicine and he's snatching from THEM now! He loves his big brothers, and he wants to be big so bad. He shouts like them, giggles with them and even wrestles them. I'm not ready for him to be so big but it's happening right before my eyes. He is such a precious baby, I really cherish our alone time in the early morning after Kyle goes to work and before the boys wake up. We just lay in bed and he coes and sings to me with his sleepy eyes. He makes me feel so important.

Well we have cable as of today so I'm off to get caught up on 6 months of TV. Hehe. Tata for now.

Jessica

2 comments:

Lori said...

Im glad you guys found a new place that will work for you, and congrats on the no binky transition!

Anonymous said...

glad to see you blogging:)