It's almost time for the boy's morning nap, which means it's almost time for MY morning nap, but I wanted to be sure and write before the whole day gets away from me.
We had our midwife appointment yesterday and Trevor is doing great. He's still laying transverse (sideways) but I'm hoping he will turn south soon. My midwife says it's getting pretty crowded in there for him to lay like that, but nevertheless, it seems to be his favorite position. He's always facing my spine with his butt in the air! I think we've got a mellow little man on our hands. He seems so peaceful all the time. I've gained 6 lbs this month (must be all those cookies!) but Nicole was really pleased with that and said I was measuring right on track for my dates. I couldn't ask for anything more! We now start seeing her every two weeks, and starting at the end of April, EVERY week until Trevor is born. That seems a bit excessive to me, but I suppose I'm just in denial that the time is going so fast. As of tomorrow I will be in my 3rd trimester! Yikes.
Kyle and I actually got a sitter for the boys and were able to go to the appointment and get coffee afterwards ALL BY OURSELVES! It was so strange not lugging a diaper bag, two toddlers and a double stroller in and out of the car everywhere we went! We don't get to do that very often, but it sure was nice. Although I must say that coming home to the boys is always the best part of going ANYWHERE alone. We ended our day with a quick dinner of fish sticks and french fries (such a parental/family meal!), put the boys to bed and then Kyle and I watched "The Business of Being Born" together. Such a fabulous documentary. I highly, highly, highly recommend it. I think I may watch it for a 3rd time before I take it back!
Thanks for reading...time for naps.
No comments:
Post a Comment