I don't even know where to start. We are at HOME in Tennessee finally! The move went very well, nothing was damaged or broken and we all weathered the 10 hour drive from VA unscathed. We managed to find the perfect house just two days after arriving in TN. It was one we had had our eye on for a couple months and the lady just happened to still be renting it when we arrived. My boys now have a backyard, and a 1600 sq ft. house to romp around in. We LOVE it. It has all the charm and character I had hoped to find in a house.
Avery and Ezra are little livewires these days. They are talking up a storm and acting more and more like little self sufficient people every day. It amazes me that they will be 2 years old in 3 months! AHHH! They are both spending lots more time outdoors now that we have a back yard for them to play in. They love gathering rocks, sticks and leaves and bringing them to me. The other day we were outside and a big breeze came by that shook the leaves from the trees. I explained to them that the leaves that were on the trees are falling off because it's getting colder outside. Now everytime Ezra sees leaves fall he yells "UH-OH!". What a sweetie. Avery, although the more observant and shy of the two, has proven to be my talker. He says three word sentences like "thank you Mommy" and "Bye-Bye Daddy", to our amazement. They are both getting better at helping me do simple tasks too, like throwing things in the trash, brushing their teeth, etc and they take such pride in those things. I love my little men.
Trevor is growing up so fast. He is absolutely the most calm, easy going baby I've ever met. He is literally all smiles and coos from the moment his eyes are open. At 4 months he weighs 16 lbs! We are still breastfeeding and I think I'll be waiting to introduce solids for a while longer. He doesn't seem to be in a rush and neither am I. It's true that with your second (or in my case, third) baby you don't worry about things as much when it comes to milestones or developement. I regret to say that I haven't had the time to practice things like rolling over and sitting up with him like I did A&E, but I have been shocked this week to see that he is doing these things on his own! He is very self motivated, plus he has two older brothers to keep up with. He is just a joy to have around. I couldn't imagine our family without him.
I could write forever about the latest happenings, but to keep this from turning into a novel I'll give some quick bullet points. Here's what we have going on in our "spare" time:
- I'm now the chapter leader for ICAN of Nashville, a cesarean/VBAC support group that meets monthly.
- I'm teach a children's ballet class once a week.
- Kyle is heading up a homeless ministry. He organizes a weekly meal and Bible study for the people that live near River Front.
- I'm doing the required reading for my Doula certification program and I have a birth lined up for Decemeber!
I'm gonna stop for now. I'll try to give more frequent updates now that we're settled. Thanks for reading!
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment